Tuesday, February 4, 2014

I know I only blog sometimes, but it has been some time now! here is what I think of my tech!

I guess i'll talk about my computer misfortunes as a whole since  they have changed so much!

Windows 7 tower:
Great  computer! work horse! gaming PC! this PC I bought as  an all in one from Newegg! It is my go to computer when i'm at home! I read that mobile is where the future is, and that experience with tower PC's are over! I say THAT'S NOT TRUE! lol! Take a look around, people are always trying to turn their tablets into PCs by adding keyboards and mice. Especially Windows! mouse!(not dead) keyboard(not dead) touch is nice for somethings, but I find myself wanting keyboard and mouse! plus with Windows 7 (best Windows to date!) I will always have a good desktop!

Windows 8 mini tablet:
I started out with the first Surface RT as my first tablet, and I loved it! I used it a lot and also loved Windows 8! since then windows 8 has turned into a mess! on that note my wife and I would sit on the couch to watch TV (on our living room computer, we didn't have cable) and we would also look at our tablets! I loved my Surface, but out of the corner of my eye i'd see how easy my wife could manipulate her tablet because of the size of it! (ipad mini) and over time I realized that it was the perfect size for a tablet ( still think so!)  This is when I started to see if I could sell the Surface! (which I did for $350) After cutting my losses I found that the first windows 8 mini tablet had just came out with the newest Intel Atom chipset (Bay trail) for $299, So I switched right before this deployment that i'm on!

Windows phone:
I think there is a pattern here! Windows! lol! I owned the first Windows phone 7 (HTC 7) when they came out! loved it! I bought one for me and one for my wife for when she got to America! After a month or 2 she didn't want it anymore lol! The app. store sucked! (new platform) Everyone was using IPhone, and Android! (still are) but I loved it! (because it's different) I don't know what it is about me and needing to go down a different road than everyone else! (but I gotta do it!) Since then they have come out with Windows phone 8 and I am on my 3rd Windows Phone! (love it!) I got my Nokia Lumia 925 right before this deployment and love it!

Final thoughts:
I don't need a tablet! I keep trying to find ways to fit it into my life! It's nice for very few things! There is no doubt on how cool it is, but for mobile my phone is it! I don't need a Desktop, Tablet, and Phone! I just don't! Right now I gotta make myself use it, or i'd use my phone! some things I need a PC for, but then I attach keyboard and mouse and use my tablet as a PC, but not often! The Surface is making more sense at this point! because it's made for keyboard! I can't wait to get back to my desktop!



No comments:

Post a Comment